background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Treasure in Unexpected Places...

Several years ago I spotted an old yellow cupboard in my godmother's garage. It's now in my dining room. My godmother could never understand why I loved this little piece of furniture so much. Lovely buttercup yellow. Cracked and chipped paint in all the right places. The perfect place to store my ironware and USA pottery. They are creamy white and look scrumptious all lined up on the shelves. A beautiful swan with a curled neck. A baby bottle vase. Bowls and planters. I scoop them up at sales and auctions for pennies.

The bottom shelf holds my vintage fabric. Folded one on top of each other. Not quite sure what I will do with the fabric. I don't dare cut it. It's too pretty. Love looking at them all stacked up.

This picture was taken around Christmas time and the glittered star and tree are packed up and in the attic. Most everything else is still on the shelf with the addition of my cupcake art that sits on a small Pottery Barn pedestal with a glass top. Super cute!
Look good enough to eat! Made with bits and pieces of my found objects...bingo numbers, ballerina candle holder, game pieces, letters and milinary flowers.
You never know what treasures you will find in unexpected places just waiting to find a new home. They're there. You just have to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment