background

Monday, April 29, 2013

Pretty in Pink


I'm BACK! After a roller coaster ride these past few months, I'm back and ready to roll. This post is about another baby shower that I decorated for a few months ago.

Remember the Baby "B" shower? It's one of my most popular posts and had a bumble bee theme. I hope this one becomes another favorite. Both showers were for sisters and were held in the Vintage Room at IM Canal Visitor's Center. It's a lovely place for a shower...exposed brick, hardwood floors, private room and delicious food.
"Mommy to be" and some of her guests.
I had the pleasure of putting my party planner ideas in action for my cousin's daughter, Kayli. She was expecting a girl and of course the color PINK was used. Old fashioned Nehi pink soda was one of the favors for the guests. The soda was provide by Ottawa Sparking Beverages and they have so many favorites to choose from. It's made with 100% pure cane sugar and is the BEST! Pink roses served as our center piece. Yards and yards of pink tulle covered the tables and pink and white cupcakes were served. I can't forget the pink chocolate heart suckers that I made for each guest. So pretty.
"Ready to POP" tags on the soda bottles. And yes, this is the really good old fashioned bottled soda!
Yummy cupcakes
Pink chocolate suckers
But my favorite part of the shower was the pink tutu diaper cake that I made. The diapers...three layers tall were wrapped in chocolate brown and pink polka dot ribbon. A lovely little tutu that just fit was placed on the bottom layer. The tutu was made by my friend Melody. You can purchase her amazing creations at the Avant Garden Market in Ottawa, IL.
I LOVE, LOVE this diaper cake!
The diaper cake was adorned with cute bows and headbands that were decorated with feathers, ribbons and oh so big flowers for baby.They were tucked here and there around the cake.

It was so much fun to share in her day and baby Kinsley is now a little over one month old. Beautiful mommy, sweet, sweet baby.

These lovely photos of Kinsley Rae were taken by another fabulous friend, Heather Kaszynski. If you would like to see more of Heather's work you can see it here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment