background

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Meet Susan...


I'd like to introduce you to another artist, friend and member of North Central Illinois ARTworks, Susan Burton. She is an extraodinary woman who was born on Valentine's day! She is also a certified Mandala Facilitator and does Reiki massages from her home studio. I exchanged art with Susan just before Christmas at an art show we were both at. I've been dying to get my hands on some of her pieces and we both came away with treasures that day. She swapped two of her sun catchers (a pink one for me and a blue and teal one for my daughter-in-law) for a decorated art mirror and lovely sea shell box of mine. Would love to take one of her classes and build a beautiful entranceway into my backyard like the one below.
My sun catcher is so beautiful and hangs in my dining room just above my paper mannequin that I talked about a few posts ago. You can see more of Susan's work here at www.artexplorations.com
I also want to mention a show that I attended last Friday at Gibby's Wine Den in Geneva, Illinois. It was a lovely evening and I was able to display my work with eight other artists, drink some wine and network with everyone. Found out how to use ETSY in a more profitable way and made connections with a woman who owns a store in downtown Geneva and wants me to do a show and/or some workshops for her. I will have a solo show there in April. Very excited to be a part of this event. Enjoy the photos.
Guests arriving to taste some wine and do some shopping.

They have a huge selection of wine to choose from and many wonderful gifts and accessories.

My area at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment