|The Three French Hens Market in Morris, Illinois. Photo provided by C'est La Vie blogspot.|
A good friend of mine, Kelly, just started a wonderful blog called The Backyard Tourist. It is going to be a wonderful source of places to go on a tank full of gas in our area. Her premise is that you don't have to travel far to have a good time and see some amazing things. And with gas prices hovering between $3.60 and $4.00 a gallon I'm all for staying "close to home"!
|The #1 most requested vendor at the market - "The Cheese Man"! |
Morris Daily Herald photo by Liz Allen
Kelly travels in her little red convertible and finds great things to do and see. She popped up at the French Hen Market in Morris, Il. where I was a vendor this weekend. Even though it was hot, hot, hot, the "Baby Dumplin'" felted sweaters and fiber scarfs sold like hot cakes. Met some great vendors on either side of my booth and talked with so many nice people who were out for the day. It's great to hear the oohs and ahhs as they stopped to look at my work. Validates what you do.
You can read all about the market by going to the link I've provided. This market was voted number #5 in the country for the BEST french markets and was featured in Romantic Home magazine. Don't miss this second Saturday of the month event from June until October. You can purchase art, antiques, collectables, glorious baked goods, cheese, fruits and vegetables from over 80 vendors. The market is located right next to the Illinois Michigan Canal which makes a picturesque setting for this well attended market. I'll be there again in August so come and visit me if you can. The market is FREE and all it takes is a less then a tank of gas to get there!
Check out the Backyard Tourist for more great places to visit in and around central Illinois.
• WHAT: 3 French Hens Country Market, featuring antiques, artisans, hand-crafted items, fresh produce, baked goods & flowers
• WHERE: Canal Port, on Illinois Avenue in Morris
• WHEN: Next market is this Saturday, July 9; other 2011 dates include June 11, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8 and Nov. 18-19
• WHO: More than 70 vendors will participate or have partcipated; a complete list is online at http://3frenchhensmarket.blogspot.com/p/market-vendors.html
• MORE INFORMATION: Available by calling (815) 941-0752 or online by visiting http://www.3frenchhensmarket.blogspot.com/