background

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Beginnings...


On the last day of the year I would like to share a bouquet that I created for a bride that will be getting married this evening. Megan contacted me this summer after seeing my bouquets in a local publication. After several meetings and some thoughtful planning we came up with a plan. 

She also asked if I could do a boutineere for her groom and requested black feathers in her bouquet. Now I have to admit, I am not a big fan of feathers but Megan's bouquet looks stunning with them! Feathers are now one of my favorite additions to these bouquets and gives an extra unexpected twist. Very Victorian. Very vintage, don't you think?

I made two varieties of fabric flowers that were tucked in the bouquet...roses with a rhinestone in the center and some shimmery carnations along with jewels and pins in her colors of black, silver and off white. The handle is black satin with rhinestone bands and a beautiful pearl and rhinestone "dangle" that accents the bottom. 

Her words, when I gave it to her in a vintage hat box were, "This is more beautiful then I ever expected!" You will make a gorgeous bride this evening, Megan and will have the best party of the year. And yes, that is how your day and the rest of your life should be...more beautiful then you ever expected.

I'm reminded of this quote from, "When Harry Met Sally"...
"And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
Happy New Year to all. Let the rest of you life start as soon as possible with new dreams and hopes and a lot of love. It is never too late to live happily ever after...



No comments:

Post a Comment